Christa Patton, historical harpist and early wind specialist, has performed throughout the Americas, Europe, and Japan with many of today’s premier early music ensembles including Piffaro the Renaissance Band, Early Music New York, Boston Camerata, The King’s Noyse, Folger Consort, Newberry Consort, Apollo’s Fire, Parthenia, ARTEK and Chatham Baroque to name a few.
As a Baroque harpist specializing in 17th century opera, Christa has performed with New York City Opera, Wolf Trap Opera, Opera Atelier and the Opera Theater of Saint Louis.
As an educator and scholar, Christa has served on the faculty of Rutgers University and the Graduate Center at CUNY. She is also the director of the Baroque Opera Workshop at Queens College, a workshop specializing in period-specific performance practice of 17th century musical drama.
In the recording industry, Christa has fulfilled both the role of recording artist and record producer.
As recording artist
- Zefiro Recordings- Monteverdi Il quinto libro dei madrigali, ARTEK
- Zefiro Recordings -Monteverdi: The Complete Madrigals, Book 7, ARTEK
- ATMA classiques – Palazzo Romano, La Nef
- Ex Cathedra Records – Venice and A Bohemian Christmas, Early Music New York,
- Dorian Records – Chacona, Ex Umbris; Stadtpfeiffer and Trionfo d’Amore e della Morte, Piffaro
- Navona Records – Los Ministriles in the New World, Waytes, Vespers, Back before Bach, Piffaro
- Lyrachord Label – Istanpitta I, Early Music New York
- Lyrachord Label – Istanpetta II, Early Music New York
As record producer
- ATMA – 17th century Italian motets, ¡Sacabuche!
- Acis –In Sara Levy’s Salon, The Raritan Players